Sunday, June 22, 2008
Jonathan's Day Out with Thomas
After hearing Jonathan say, "I ride Thomas 'morrow" everyday for a week, we were thrilled when he finally got to ride on Thomas. We took a much anticipated family trip over to Connersville, Indiana to the White River Valley Railroad for the Day Out with Thomas event. Jonathan was able to meet "Sir Topper Hat" (Sir Topham Hat), the railroad Barron from Sodor Island, and a real train conductor. It was quite fun to see 7 passenger train cars from the 1920's and 30's behind Thomas filled full of excited toddlers and their families. Jonathan was especially excited to see us pass the "baboose" (caboose) train, a train of nothing but caboose cars full of toddlers too!
I must admit that Thomas has grown on me. The first time I saw the cartoon of train models with funky faces and little wooden people, I was a bit ooked out by them. But, each engine has a name and unique personality (Salty is my favorite). The shows teach character values like reliability, responsibility, and usefulness. When the engines misbehave, Sir Topham hat gets cross and provides prompt consequences. Perhaps when Jonathan disobeys I'll send him to work in the quarry with Rusty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment